Hello my dears! How are you doing!! Happy Mardi Gras to everyone!!
Today is (officially) the last day of the Carnival period. It's supposed to be the day celebrations and party hit their highest point. As you may notice the past few days I've chosen to represent in my nails some icons of this celebrations and we already know how famous are Venetian masks and colorful costumes in Rio de Janeiro. Today I have a very bright mani for you inspired by Mardi Gras in New Orleans, another well known carnival celebration.
For this manicure I painted two coats of Catrice Tokio planet on all nails, and then did the designs using:
- a striping brush,
- a small paint brush (not a special nail art brush :)
- a needle point dotting tool
- I used Catrice Dance in Gion for the purple stripes and hat,
- Essie Vermillionaire for the waves,
- American Apparel Manila for the waves and the hat,
- LA colours nail art polish in lime green for the hat,
- Catrice Discreet artist and NYX nail art polish liner in black for the mask
And this is the picture I was inspired by:
What do you think about the mani? To be honest I wouldn't wear a mani like this unless I'm really going to a carnival party! lol! To see all the manis I've done Carnival related lick here.
Are you celebrating Mardi Gras??