Hello my lovelies!! How are you doing today?
I URGE to share with you my latest makeup purchase for three reasons: it's my first 5-colours palette from DIOR, it's the most gorgeous combo of green-teal-turquoise for summer AND it was really a total bargain! This baby retails in Switzerland for CHF 86.90, which is nearly USD 90. So I was only dreaming to buy it. I went to Mariaunnaud's with my member card, and my coupons. I had -10CHF voucher for any purchase over 80CHF (is on their magazine), plus I had a voucher for loyal customer of 10CHF, plus I still had CHF 54 credit on a a gift card I received for my birthday (oh, yes, so I consider this palette partially a birthday present) in the end I only paid 12.90CHF of my own wallet! so I consider that quite a deal ;)




The first opportunity I got to a bold colourful look, night out with my hubby to the theatre, I went on with this look:





For this look I used the following:


- NYX Above & beyond full coverage concealer in 04Beige
- Urban decay eyeshadow primer potion
- Dior 5 Couleurs palette in 374 Blue Lagoon
- Catrice LE Spectaculart Superfine liner pen C01 Black Bindi
- Essence eye pencil in 01 Fragile but feisty
- Sigma brushes E55(Eye shading), E30 (Pencil brush), E40 (Tapered blending)
- Nyx Doll eye Mascara Volume

The eyeshadows were beyond pigmented, so they hold up to the mythical quality of the DIOR 5couleurs palettes. They were also very blendable! You know how sometimes very pigmented shades are "stubborn" and refuse to blend, and you have to work a little more? Well, is not the case. This is blending perfection!
Here's the usual whole face pic-bonus:



And now a little rant: Would I have paid full price for this? Well, honestly NO. It's not worthy. Do not get me wrong, this palette is gorgeous, the product is the highest quality possible, the packaging is ultra chic and the colours are perfect and so lovely! BUT no piece of makeup is worth that amount of money. I'm so sorry, Dior and all the other brands. I'm never buying their makeup again in Switzerland, unless I have 2 or 3 cumulating coupons. This palette costs 60 USD in the US, so whenever my darling or any of our friends is travelling to the US they know they can't be wrong if they bring back one or two treats from Chanel or Dior. Same thing with my beloved YSL foundation, I just order it online. In the UK the YSL foundations cost 40USD against 75USD in Switzerland! Nearly the double. Yes, I'm cheap. But it's only makeup!!!

I'd love to know what you think! Is this Dior collection appealing to you? Have you already succumb to the mermaids chants? lol! What do you think of this look? Would you wear these colours for a night out? I'm now tempted to do a "day" look with this palette so stay tuned!!
Love,
Nati